Monday, November 28, 2016

Our Christmas Traditions

Traditions make the holidays special. Now that we have a child that understands holidays, it makes having our own family traditions that much more important. We have many traditions that I want to carry on from both of our families.

Here are some of them:
*While growing up, each morning in December we would put up a piece of the nativity advent calendar. By Christmas the entire nativity scene would be complete. Last year I made my family one and I can't wait to use it!

*Every day in December we read a special Christmas story that helps us remember what the Christmas season is all about. 

*My husband's family always has a delicious Raspberry Roll on Christmas morning. It's so good and something I look forward to each year!

*When my Mom's side of the family gets together before Christmas, we gather around the piano and sing Christmas songs. Two songs that are always sung that you may not have heard of are Star of the East and Friendly Beasts.
We have started a couple traditions in the past few years that our little family does.

*We go to the store and pick out a couple toys for needy families. I love doing this because it helps us to think of others.

*Since moving to Virginia we have gone to see houses on the Tacky Light Tour. People go all out with their Christmas lights and it's so fun to see!

I'm still on the lookout for other new traditions, so let me know in the comments what traditions your toddler loves this time of year!

(Linking up with Andrea and Ericka)

No comments:

Post a Comment