Monday, March 5, 2018

Little Things


We survived the storm this weekend! We had our second nor'easter here in Boston. This last one was a lot more intense than the first. Water was coming over the sea wall a couple hours before high tide, so I packed the boys up and we headed to a friend's house for the day/night. Thankfully our apartment didn't flood! A tree did fall near it though so that tells you how strong the wind was.

Now on to the real reason for this post!

The boys were outside playing with their trucks one afternoon this week. I was wishing we were doing something more fun especially with how much we've stayed home lately. Then the thought came to me: "They are having a blast doing what they're doing."

As moms we guilt ourselves way too much and I'm totally at fault with doing this too often. We need to remember more that our kids enjoy the simple things just as much (or more) than the big outings we take them on.

This was a great reminder that I needed this week and if it does anything, I hope that it will help you remember to not be so hard on yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment