Monday, December 10, 2018

Free Things to do this Christmas Season


I can't believe we are almost to the middle of December! This year we are trying to be creative, frugal, and just better with our money and only doing Christmas activities that are free. It has been more challenging than I thought it would be but I thought I would share our list with you because many of you are probably doing the same!

-Make sugar cookies and decorate them.
-Take dinner to a family in need.
-Go to your local Christmas tree lighting.
-Have hot chocolate (We are doing this daily!) and play games.
-Make gifts for your friends and neighbors with things you already have on hand in your kitchen and craft supplies.
-Look at Christmas lights in your neighborhood.
-Do service for the family members that are in your home.
-Make your own Christmas cards and order free 4x6 prints from Shutterfly to add to them. (B drew the pictures on ours!)
-Make ornaments out of popsicle sticks, paint, and glitter!
-Read Christmas stories as a family.
-Play hide and seek in the light of only your Christmas tree.
-Have a candy cane hunt. (My boys love this!)
-Serve, Serve, Serve! (Take out your neighbor's trash, scrape someone's window, etc. There are so many ways to get into the Christmas spirit with service!)

I'd love to hear your ideas and use them with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment