Tuesday, April 28, 2015

State String Art

I am a grown and raised in Idaho, country girl! Now that I'm no longer living there, I needed to make something that reminds me of the state I love!

This was a fun and easy craft (once all of the nails where hammered in!:)

Supplies needed:
- wood board
- paint or stain
- nails
- hammer
- thick string(color of your choice)
- the outline of your state or object 

Paint or stain board and let dry overnight. I started hammering the nails too soon after the paint dried and the wood started to crack.

Tape the outline of the state in the desired spot. 

Hammer the nails in around the state, making sure the you don't have them too close together.

Take paper off board.


This is the thread I used and it worked great! Embroidery floss works great as well.

I wanted all of the outside nails to be connected to the inside or heart nails.





Finished result!
My friend Kristen did Idaho as well because her and her husband are from there. She just did a different pattern that looks so awesome! 
We love Idaho!

Linking up with Tip JunkieDo Tell TuesdayTeach Me TuesdayShow and TellToo Cute TuesdayHome Stories A to ZHandmade TuesdaysTotally Terrific TuesdayFlaunt it Friday


2 comments:

  1. Your string art project looks great! I'd love if it you'd stop by and share it at Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! My husband and I are both from different states and met in a third during college - this has me wanting to make one for all three of our states!

    ReplyDelete