Thursday, December 11, 2014

Quiet book cover

Once I completed my quiet book pages, I needed to make a cover for it. I searched on Pinterest and after getting some ideas I decided to make up my own!
Let me know if you have any questions about how it is made.

I used red home decor and grey t-shirt fabric.

First, I cut out two rectangles of the home decor fabric, folded each in half and sewed three of the sides, leaving one of the longer sides open. (As seen below)
Fold and pin down the top edge and sew around it.
 Turn right side out.
 Not pictured- For the middle piece, I sewed three of the sides, turned it right side out, and pinned it onto the two open sides of the outside pieces. Then I sewed them all together.

I marked where I wanted the rings to go through, and cut holes. You can sew button holes here if you would like.
 For the quiet book to stay closed, I sewed three of the sides of fabric and left one of the little sides open to be able to turn it right side out.
 Cut off the excess and pin it onto the middle of the back cover.
 Sew it on securely.
 Then I attached Sticky Velcro dots to keep it closed. I did sew the Velcro dot onto the cover to make sure it stayed.

I think it turned out great and cannot wait for Baby B to use it on our flight home!





No comments:

Post a Comment