Thursday, October 15, 2015

Making the most of RIGHT NOW!

As many of you know, my husband is in his third year of dental school. It's so nice to be over halfway through the four years! Last year I was in kind of in a slump. I was bored a lot and always felt like I needed to get busy and do something so I could feel accomplished and productive. Being a mom and wife is my top priority, but those late nights when my husband was studying were hard and I needed something to do! That's why I started blogging!

I've been thinking lately of what things I have done or am doing to make the most of the these four years in dental school. Hopefully these things will inspire you!

1) Make friends. This is so important! You need people to rely on and trust, especially if you don't have family close by. These friends become your family!

2) Have a hobby! Like I said above, you need something to keep you busy when your husband is studying. It's good to be active and constantly try to improve yourself.

3) Set up playgroups and/or craft groups. Every Wednesday afternoon, a small group of dental wives get together and craft. This has been a lifesaver for me! It's so fun to hang out and craft to our hearts content! Playgroups are wonderful for kids and it's great to have adult interaction during the day!

4) Go sightseeing. We have seen so many historical and nature sites the past two years! One of the reasons we choose our school is because there is so much to see on the East coast. Take advantage of it!


5) Be involved in hubby's schooling. I am always asking my husband about tests and procedures he's doing on patients. I want to know what's going on with him and want him to know I'm interested in it too!

What types of things do you do to stay busy and feel accomplished?

Follow on

No comments:

Post a Comment