Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's up Wednesday {9/30/15}

It's the last Wednesday of the month which means I'm linking up with these blogs for...


What we're eating this week: With it being the end of the month, I am needing to do some meal planning, but we'll probably be eating basil pesto tortellini, ham and potato soup, and tilapia and rice!

What I'm reminiscing about: Sunny Days! It's been so rainy and cloudy here. The weather report says it won't be letting up until next week...

What I'm loving: Pumpkin smells and flavors in everything! I especially love pumpkin candles!

What we've been up to: My husband had a whole week off of school because of a world bike race, so we did some sightseeing to Luray Caverns, Carter Mountain Orchard, and Tuckahoe Plantation(which was Thomas Jefferson's boyhood home)!

What I'm dreading: Nothing....but I am wanting to get over this darn cold I've had for a week!

What I'm working on: I recently made this canvas glitter bat and the tutorial was posted yesterday! It was really fun to make!

What I'm excited about: Christmas Break! haha I know it's forever away, but I can't wait to be around family! 

What I'm reading: Shattered by C.K. Bailey It's such a good book! A good mixture of mystery and romance! It's also set during Christmas time, which is fun for this time of year!
 Side Note: I've started so many books this month but have been disappointed by many of them. I just don't appreciate the cussing or sex scenes. Why can't books be clean anymore!?!?

What I'm watching: Dancing with the Stars! I love this show and the fun costumes and dances! I'm a huge Whitney and Derek fan! 

What I'm listening to: Silence....it's a great thing;)

What I'm wearing: I shared my favorite scarves on Monday and here's one of them!
Here's a transitional outfit I wore last weekend! Booties are the best transitional pieces!
Skirt: Similar
Booties: Similar, Similar

What I'm doing this weekend: This weekend we are watching our church's semiannual general conference. It's where we listen to our church leaders deliver messages of inspiration and guidance, so we can become better and closer to Christ. Here are more details if you're interested.

What I'm looking forward to next month: Halloween! I don't like dressing up myself, but I'm really excited to be dressing Baby B up and taking him trick-or-treating!
What else is new: Don't forget the enter the Fall Nail Giveaway found HERE! Ends tonight at midnight EST! Winner is announce on Friday!

What's your favorite Halloween tradition? Growing up I would sort my candy into piles after going out trick-or-treating. I really love candy! There would always be certain houses that would give us so much candy and I loved it! Now I definitely don't eat as much as I used to!

Thanks for catching up! Happy Wednesday!


Follow on

3 comments:

  1. Your site seeing adventures sound fun, especially the plantation. I hope you kick your cold soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pinning post I am a huge dancing with the stars fan and Derek has always been one of my favorites, I have watched since season one! I was happy no One went home this week, ha ha! I hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get to feeling better soon! It sounds like this season of DWTS is pretty good!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete