Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Last week Katelyn from Simply Sunflour nominated me for this award! I just found Katelyn's blog and have loved getting to know her and reading all the great tips and stories she has! 


 Here are the questions I was asked to answer and I'm so excited to share more about me and why I blog!

Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to be able to do something productive in my down time, aka when Baby B naps. I have so many thoughts going around my head and at times I feel like they make me anxious and stressed. With having this blog to focus on, I am able to think about this blog and not worry about things that don't matter.

Where did you get your blog name? My husband is in dental school, so we are "Brushing" our way through life, as I share fashion, beauty, and craft tips and tricks along the way! I also wanted to share my perspective of being a wife of a dental student.

What is your favorite part of blogging? I love being able to help people with their fashion and beauty questions. It's the best when someone approaches you about a fashion or beauty question and you are able to answer it.

How much time do you spend blogging? I spend 2-3 hours a day writing and creating posts. Most of it is done while Baby B is asleep and I love that I can blog and still be a mom.

What is your most popular blog post? My post about my Favorite Hair Products was a hit! I think a lot of people enjoy seeing what products others are using and love!

Any advice for other bloggers? Don't compare, criticize, or complain! Comparing just makes you feel bad about yourself.  Criticizing doesn't make you a better blogger. Yes, everyone has bad days but complaining to the world doesn't fix your problems. Be positive!

Thanks again for nominating me! I hope everyone enjoyed learning more about why I blog and who I am.

I nominate:
Andrea @ Living on Cloud Nine
and anyone else who wants to participate!

Follow on


5 comments:

  1. I agree on being positive. I stopped reading blogs that complain all the time about the weather, life, work and friends. Ugh, so not fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun survey! I love your tips for bloggers. I usually unsubscribe from blogs that complain every day (the world is negative enough..the internet should be positive!) so I love that bit of advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH I have loved to getting to know you and your blog too! And I get why your hair post is so popular...because your hair is the best!! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up today! I love these get to know you posts! And your advice is great!

    ReplyDelete